This fullstack application creates a TODO List Web Page using the Go/Gin/Postgres/React Stack.
Starting the application
- Create a Postgres Database called TODO with table list and change backend/api/api.go accordingly.
- Start the go server in backend using go run backend/main.go.
- Start the react server in frontend using npm install and then npm start.
In the project root, run:
- docker-compose build
- docker-compose run
Go is used to spin up the server, define routing, and interact with the database.
Gin is used to define the TODO API with functionality such as:
- Listing all TODO items.
- Creating a new TODO item and adding to the database.
- Updating a TODO item with its completed condition.
- Deleting a TODO item from the database.
- Later being able to filter TODO items.
Postgres is used to store the TODO items by saving rows in as id, item-text, and done boolean condition.
React is used here to create the frontend fully responsive application on the client side and is built using components.