HTTPS clone URL
Subversion checkout URL
Clone this wiki locally
Emesene is a Live Messenger (previously MSN) client for Linux, Mac OS X and Windows. It’s written in Python, GTK+ and Qt4.
This page provides some information about the development of Emesene.
Current Stable Version: 2.12.9
You can download the latest stable version using the following launchpad PPA:
Or by adding ppa:emesene-team/emesene-stable to your system’s Software Sources.
We need more developers for this project! Please fork this project if you are really interested in it!
- Basic information about how to use Git is available in GitHowTo
- A simple guide on making a custom plugin is located here: Plugin-How-To
- API Documentation can be found here and here
- If you are interested in development, you should have a basic knowledge of Python.
You can find the official documentation of Python in the official Python website
If you’re going to code the GUI, you need knowledge in GTK+ or Qt4; see GTK+ Website and Qt Website
- However, we do have some tasks that don’t require coding ability and welcome your help: see on HowToContribute.
Emesene rocks! :D (ok, this now is to stay happy in this page! >:) )