Geth v1.8.19 is our biweekly maintenance release, this current one delivering some notable performance improvements beside the usual polishes and bugfixes:
- Trie read cache, increasing full-sync speed by 15% and in-sync processing by 30% (#18087).
- Rework downloader common ancestor lookup, reducing network bandwidth (#18085).
- Avoid light servers wasting trie hashers and recreating them all the time (#18116).
- Limit the number of open file descriptors Whisper may consume (#18142).
- More robust side chain importing code for very long chains (#17973).
- Improve the logs when the node encounters a bad block (#18156).
- Enable Constatinople in developers chains (#18162, #18179).
- Fix a garbage collector flaw that lead to data corruption with high memory allowance (#18165).
- Fix a light client fetcher issue that sometimes resulted in sync getting stuck (#18072).
- Fix light client ancestor lookup issue surfaced by the downloader rework (#18196).
- Fix a light client issue that stored invalid servers in its node database (#18093).
For a full rundown of the changes please consult the Geth 1.8.19 release milestone.
Geth binaries and mobile libraries are available on the Geth download page.
This release contains Swarm v0.3.7, which contains many bugfixes:
- Add new database abstractions (shed package) (18183).
- Remove multihash from Swarm Feeds (18175).
- Refactor PSS message handler (18169).
- Fix New function for-loop scope in simulation package (18161).
- Add accounting metrics persistence (18136).
- Fix batch writes in database migration (18113).
- Use simulations.Event in simulation package (18098).
- Fix Kademlia neighborhood depth in network package (18066).
Swarm binaries are available on the Swarm download page.