The [DevOps] Guide to Puppet, Universe, and Everything
This is collection of slides for presentation and workshops about Puppet.
This is part of The [DevOps] Guide to Puppet, Universe, and Everything:
- An Open Source book
- A set of sample Puppet code architectures
- A collection of slides decks (this repo)
- The Puppet Universal Reference
- A collection of Puppet cheatsheets
We have different slides deck, for different purposes and skills:
- [DONE] Beginner (Puppet usage and language basics) Online rendered Slides
- [WIP] Puppet that Matters (Practical and useful stuff to know in order Deeper into Puppet language and components)
- [WIP] Puppet 4 (A guide to Puppet 4 features and innovations)
- [TODO] Alien Puppet (Puppet to manage Windows, Cloud infrastructures and network devices)
- [TODO] Deploying Puppet (A guide to Puppet testing methodologies and deployment patterns)
- [TODO] Puppet developing (A guide to development of Puppet extensions)
- [TODO] Puppet Orchestration (A guide to MCollective and Application Orchestration)
They are licenced under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial terms: they are free to use for not commercial purposes (you can use them for internal trainings in your company, but not for commercial trainings to your customers, unless you earn this right by sponsoring them. Sponsorships include:
- Your Logo on the main slide
- Social communication (Newsletter, Twitter, LinkedIN, Facebook, Google group... ) about the sponsorship
- LEGAL RIGHTS to use the slides for commercial purposes
- The certainty that the slide deck will be done in a given time period
For sponsorship opportunities contact example42.
Rendering the slides
Slides are in markdown format and are rendered using Puppet Labs's showoff.
You can find the source markdown files under the relevant directories.
In order to show them you have to install showoff:
gem install showoff
Then move to the section you want to present and run showoff:
cd Beginner showoff serve
Browse to http://127.0.0.1:9090 to see the slides.
t to show the table of contents.