You can start using the Rebels Manager for our own national branch or even at a local group/chapter level, but the app allows to manage multiple local groups/chapters. Please have a look at our wiki for more details, including a demo and screenshots.
The Rebels Manager wiki
We do our best to keep our wiki up-to-date with relevant information for national branches interested in using the Rebels Manager.
Table of Contents
- Ruby version
- Database setup (PostgreSQL)
- ENV variables
- Additional information
- clone repo
- run the following commands (the first one is optional, depending on your machine setup):
$ rbenv local 2.6.3 $ bundle install $ yarn $ cp .env.example .env
- set your POSTGRES_USER in the .env ( You can use specific file per environment and append
.localto them if you want )
- run the following commands:
$ rails c // use the generated key to set your LOCKBOX_MASTER_KEY env variable irb> Lockbox.generate_key $ rails db:prepare
- ALLOWED_ORIGINS (eg. "extinctionrebellion.be,www.extinctionrebellion.be")
- APP_URL (eg. "https://rebels.extinctionrebellion.be")
- SENTRY_DSN (for reporting errors to Sentry)
- MAILTRAIN_API_ENDPOINT (eg. "https://lists.extinctionrebellion.be/api")
- XR_BRANCH_DEFAULT_LANGUAGE (eg. "en")
- XR_BRANCH_TIMEZONE (eg. "Europe/Tallinn", "PST" or "UTC")
bundle exec rspec
- Ruby on Rails
- Redis (for Sidekiq)
Plus a bunch of awesome Ruby Gems, a complete list of which is at /master/Gemfile.
The Rebels Manager is 100% open source. We encourage and support an active, healthy community that accepts contributions from the public – including you!
Please have a look at our Wanna contribute? wiki page for more details about the profiles we are actively looking for.
They contributed already
All contributors can be found at https://github.com/extinctionrebellion/RebelsManager/graphs/contributors. Thanks a lot to all of them!
The Rebels Manager is built with love and rage. We believe in open source software for good.