EpicEditor for Joomla! and others plugins, useful addons.
- Fullscreen Editing
- Live Previewing
- Auto Draft Saving
- Syntax Highlight (Markdown code block)
- Markdown Parser (PHP & JS)
Download the package and install it from the Extension Manager in the back-end. The package will install the extensions included:
Uninstall it from the Manage area of the Extension Manager in the back-end. The name of this package is EpicEditor Package
Some settings should be enabled and configurate before you use them.
System - Parsedown & highlight.js
- Enable this plugin and it will register the Parsedown & ParsedownExtra libraries to Joomla!.
- highlight.js is disabled by default. If you want the code highlight syntax function, setting it to ON in the setting page.
- You can set the style for hightling.js as well. (workable if highlight.js function is ON)
Content - Parsedown
- Enable this plugin and it will parse all the markdown format of the content(article).
- If you want it also parses the Custom HTML module, don't forget to turn the option Prepare Content to Yes in the Options tab.
Editor - EpicEditor
- Choose it for your Default Editor in the Global Configuration page.
- You can choose different editor and preview theme in the detail page of this plugin(Plugin Manager: Editor - EpicEditor).
- AutoSave is 1000 ms by default.
- Internet Explorer browser is not recommended. Some functions are not workable.
- Image/Article editor-xtd button will be auto converted.
- EpicEditor uses the localStorage in your browser to autosave.
Screenshots / Demo
Better Markdown Parser in PHP
An extension of Parsedown that adds support for Markdown Extra.
Look "Changelog" file.