Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 36 million developers.Sign up
Initial Switch release, based on latest GZDoom source.
Installation and running
- Unzip the attached ZIP file to the
switchfolder on your SD card.
- Place at least one supported IWAD (e.g.
- Run GZDoom Launcher from hbmenu.
- When you exit the game via the Quit option in the menu, something doesn't deinitialize properly and the next homebrew you run will crash, unless you exit and reenter hbmenu.
- Joystick axis settings might reset after restart.
- Startup takes a while.
- Launcher controls:
R: change tab
A: activate option
X: reset option
PLUS: start game
- You can technically place the game into any subfolder in
sdmc:/switch/, as long as the
gzdoomfolder is next to
- Any custom files (PWADs, PK3s, DEHs, LMPs, whatever) should be placed into the
- The launcher has predefined default profiles for most supported IWADs. You can also add your own profiles by pressing Y on the main tab. Any changes will be saved to
- The launcher will only detect files in
gzdoom/pwads. You can use the
Override RSP fileoption if you have to load files from other locations.
- Multiplayer does work, however only Switch <=> PC multiplayer has been tested. You can start a netgame from the launcher. Don't forget to change the player number from 1 and read the warning message.
- The IP that's placed in the address field by default is your Switch's local IP, others can use that to connect to it if they're on the same network.
- Only the player that hosts the game needs to set gameplay settings, however everyone has to pick the same set of custom files as the host.
- Fatal errors are logged into
error.log. You can also turn on logging in the launcher.