- merged latest upstream changes (4.1.2+).
Installation and running
- Unzip the attached ZIP file to the
switchfolder on your SD card.
- Place at least one supported IWAD (e.g.
- Run GZDoom Launcher from hbmenu.
- When you exit the game via the Quit option in the menu, something doesn't deinitialize properly and the next homebrew you run will crash, unless you exit and reenter hbmenu.
- Joystick axis settings might reset after restart.
- Startup takes a while.
- Launcher controls:
R: change tab
A: activate option
X: reset option
PLUS: start game
- You can technically place the game into any subfolder in
sdmc:/switch/, as long as the
gzdoomfolder is next to
- Any custom files (PWADs, PK3s, DEHs, LMPs, whatever) should be placed into the
- The launcher has predefined default profiles for most supported IWADs. You can also add your own profiles by pressing Y on the main tab. Any changes will be saved to
- The launcher will only detect files in
gzdoom/pwads. You can use the
Override RSP fileoption if you have to load files from other locations.
- Multiplayer does work, however only Switch <=> PC multiplayer has been tested. You can start a netgame from the launcher. Don't forget to change the player number from 1 and read the warning message.
- The IP that's placed in the address field by default is your Switch's local IP, others can use that to connect to it if they're on the same network.
- Only the player that hosts the game needs to set gameplay settings, however everyone has to pick the same set of custom files as the host.
- Fatal errors are logged into
error.log. You can also turn on logging in the launcher.