Gephi visualization engine
This is a new visualization engine for Gephi based on modern OpenGL techniques.
It aims to be:
- Retro-compatible with old OpenGL versions through feature discovery, falling back to the best supported by the graphics card
- High performance using most modern OpenGL when available, specially due to instancing, manual buffer management, using simple shaders and avoiding memory allocation when possible
- Extensible with plugins (rendering and input)
- JOGL and LWJGL3 version
- Usable in AWT/Swing/NEWT/SWT with JOGL. For LWJGL3 GLFW/AWT is available, but AWT only for Linux and Windows at the moment.
- Nicely interactive with mouse, directional zooming, etc with default input handler
- Only a 2D engine for the moment
- The only gephi-related dependency is graphstore
Currently, in comparison to Gephi 0.9.2 renderer it's lacking:
- Self loops
- Node/edge text labels
- Selected nodes animation (should be doable with a simple uniform variable)
NOTE: to build it, first you will need to build the graphstore branch at https://github.com/gephi/graphstore/tree/viz-engine