Genesis Sample Theme with Gulp & Sass
Download This Theme (.zip)
- Add the Genesis Sample theme folder in the wp-content/themes/ directory. (The Genesis parent theme needs to be in the wp-content/themes/ directory as well.)
- Go to your WordPress dashboard and select Appearance.
- Activate the Genesis Sample theme.
- Inside your WordPress dashboard, go to Genesis > Theme Settings and configure them to your liking.
After you've installed and activated me. It's time to setup Gulp.
1) From the command line, change directories to your new theme directory
2) Install Node dependencies
From the command line, type any of the following to perform an action:
gulp watch - Automatically handle changes to CSS, JS, SVGs, and image sprites. Also kicks off BrowserSync.
gulp icons - Minify, concatenate, and clean SVG icons.
gulp i18n - Scan the theme and create a POT file
gulp sass:lint - Run Sass against WordPress code standards
gulp sprites - Generate an image sprite and the associated Sass (sprite.png)
gulp styles - Compile, prefix, combine media queries, and minify CSS files
gulp - Runs the following tasks at the same time: i18n, icons, scripts, styles, sprites
What about Grunt?
- For Genesis support, please visit http://my.studiopress.com/help/
- For support with this theme, visit https://github.com/gregrickaby/genesis-sample/issues