This is gnt-networking, a set of scripts that handle the network configuration of an instance inside a Ganeti cluster. It takes advantage of the variables that Ganeti exports to their execution environment and issues all the necessary commands to ensure network connectivity to the instance, based on the requested setup.
Networking modes supported:
This package provides the following scripts:
- kvm-ifup-custom: Script invoked when an interface goes up (KVM version)
- kvm-ifdown-custom: Script invoked when an interface goes down (KVM version)
- vif-custom: Script invoked when an interface goes up (Xen version)
- ifup-extra: Example script for extra, deployment-specific functionality
- common.sh: Common library, sourced by all scripts.
- gnt-networking-hook: Part of gnt-networking's functionality which is implemented as a Ganeti hook
- gnt-networking-dnshook: Ganeti hook for updating dynamic DNS entries
- mac2eui64: Script for obtaining an EUI-64 address based on its 48-bit MAC address and an IPv6 prefix
- runlocked: Helper script which serializes the execution of commands on a host machine
Copyright and license
Copyright 2012-2016 GRNET S.A. All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY GRNET S.A. ``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL GRNET S.A OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
The views and conclusions contained in the software and documentation are those of the authors and should not be interpreted as representing official policies, either expressed or implied, of GRNET S.A.