Hackaburg is a hackathon in Regensburg. This is the code of our website. Have fun!
To install the dependencies, simply run:
$ yarn install
You can take a look at the package.json scripts section to get an overview of available shorthands:
- build the website:
- start a livereload dev server:
- clean the built project:
The websites of previous years are automatically built and put into their respective subfolder, e.g. the 2018 page will be located in
/2018/. To automate this, the latest commit of a year's page needs to be tagged with
hb-2019 for the year 2019.
There are a few things to keep in mind when contributing:
- We're using Prettier, so make sure to either format your code using
yarn prettier --write, or by installing an extension for your editor to auto-format everything.
- We're using Gatsby because of it's static rendering. Keep in mind that your components should work without a browser environment, i.e. that you're not relying on
windowto render a component.
- Use function components over class components, extract static GraphQL queries into Hooks where possible.
- If you need a third party library, use a CDN. We care about caching, and using a link to a CDN is better than serving a vendor bundle ourselves. To ensure you only call the third party library once it's loaded, use the
The code in this project is released under the MIT license.