AEM Tooling for IntelliJ IDE Plugin
Can be found on our Wiki Page
There is a problem with the release of 0.7.0 where the test if the current connection had changed brings up too many warning dialog boxes. We are working on a fix but for now the only fix is to delete 0.7.0 and install 0.6.4.9. If you encounter any issues please report them in the Isuees section so that we can fix them quickly.
The latest code can be found in the master branch.
- Fixed the issue with the deadlock during Project Load. An automatic start connection during that phase led to a deadlock inside the Event Dispatcher. This means that you can use the Start Connection on Load again. 0.7.1:
- Fixed an issue where the Plugin tried to connect to the repository during incremental deployment even when the connection was stopped
- Fixed an issue when the Plugin tried to compile even though there was not configuration (non AEM / Sling project)
- Added the 'Filter is generated' flag to the Sling Module Facet. With that it is possible to verify a project without having a filter.xml file. It is important though that the filter.xml file is available in the designated META-INF/vault folder at the time of the deployment.
- Forced Deployment will Purge Cache first so that both have the same effect locally
- Implemented Install Button in Server Configuration to install Support Bundle
- Made General Plugin Configuration persistent.
- Added a check to the Run Connection so that if the user changes the Server Configuration the cache will be automatically purged so that the next deployed will push all of it.
- The Debug Connection is now also doing a Verification and Server Configuration change check like the Run Connection.
- The Jar File validator on the Facet is now working properly.
- Exported the Background task execution into its own utility method.
- Added a Dialog to the Possible Symbolic Name Mismatch so that further warnings can be ignored.
- When a new module is created the module is automatically verified. This will also create the list of modules and updates the tree.
- Fixed a NPE when the Plugin Preferences Configuration is not created
- Dropped the SNAPSHOT from the version.
- Started to work on a better Module handling to unify
all the various modules (IntelliJ Project Modules, Maven Project and Server Configuration Module).
- Added to support for an override of the Bundle Symbolic Name as Felix is renaming them sometimes and
porting all OSGi configuration for non-Maven OSGi bundles to the Facet to work with any OSGi
configurations and not just Osmorc.
- Made the Server Configuration Verification Action available for any selected Server Configuration
and let it run in the Foreground to allow for user interactions.
- Moving most of the static text into the Resource Bundle including Debug messages.
- Fixed an issue with the Sling Module Builder which was renamed.
- Fixed an issue where in the latest IntelliJ the Plugin Settings will not show in the settings.
- Fixed an issue with the Debug Mode as it cannot run in the background.
- Updated the Documentation to this release and added new topics like Sling Module Facets etc.
0.6.4.8-SNAPSHOT: Make it work with IntelliJ 2016.1.0. Added the cancel action to the toolbar to stop background actions. Fixed an issue with IntelliJ 14 which failed to find components / services if on application level.
0.6.4.7-SNAPSHOT: All but Dialog Actions were move into the background which is done in the base class so the Actions don't need to do anything special. Added a better way to handle process indicators that also deals with no indicator and handles the nesting easier as it automates the pops.
0.6.4.6-SNAPSHOT: Fixed an issue with the entire Module build which led to deadlocks. Also removed some debug statements that could disable the Plugin. For now the usage of non-Maven based project is discouraged as IntelliJ has no concept of a ZIP file based module.
0.6.4.5-SNAPSHOT: Non-Maven OSGi modules should build now. There is a fix for any OSGi module as the deployment of Maven OSGi modules failed silently to deploy. This is fixed and if the build file is not present an alert is shown. There is also a fix for Maven modules where the Module Name and the Maven Artifact Id did not match as it is now looking at the parent folder to find a match.
0.6.4.4-SNAPSHOT: Added support for non-Maven based project. In order to support these types of projects you need to use two facets. For OSGi modules you need to use the "Osmorc" plugin to setup the OSGi Facet and for Content Modules you need to setup the Sling Content Facet and specify the Content and META-INF root folder. For now only the IntelliJ Plugin Osmorc is supported for non-Maven OSGi bundles.
0.6.4.3-SNAPSHOT: This release makes the deployment wait until the Maven Build for OSGi bundles is over. In addition the toolbar is locked while any action is executed so that background tasks like the Maven Build cannot be intercepted. Finally the build also addresses an issue with AEM DAM Workflows could interfere with deployments of DAM Assets. The plugin will place the push of the /renditions/original nodes to the end.
0.6.4.2-SNAPSHOT: This release contains a fix for the Maven Build execution for OSGi Bundles. Now the build is executed in the background and the action waits until it is finished before installing the OSGi Bundle in AEM.
0.6.4.1-SNAPSHOT: This releases contains the refactored Resource Change Command Factory which is made IDE independent. The UI and handling did not change. This release also contains a fix for mysterious failures to upload Renditions files.
0.6 Beta 3: Fixed an issue with the Console Log Settings to being disabled if no configuration is selected. Fixed issues with Windows paths. Fixed an issue with Force Deploy doesn't apply to parent folders. Fixed an issue with Windows paths and File Changes.
0.6 Beta 2: Checking a Selected Configuration is renamed to Run as it indicates a persistence of the connection and even this isn't the case it is persistent for deployments. Also renamed the Reset Current Configuration to Purge Plugin Cache Data. Adjusted some of the Icon's Enabled status to work as intended.
0.6 Beta 1: Added the support to create new Projects through Maven Archetypes (AEM or Sling). The Builder is geared towards that and only shows the available Archetypes and let the user set the required properties. The rest remains the same as creating a Project through the Maven Builder and using archetypes there
0.5-BETA-2 is available which now tries to perform a Maven build for OSGi Modules during the deployment. This feature can be switched off (on is the default) in the Server Connection Configuration of the Plugin. If the Edit Button is disabled make sure you stop the connection first.
Attention: There is a little problem with IntelliJ where the first Maven build from the AEM Plugin will fail. There is an Alert that pops up and it will suggest that you try once more. During the initial tests that did solve the issue.
This projects creates an IntelliJ IDE plugin for version 14 and up providing the same features as the Eclipse AEM Tooling provided by the Adobe / Sling team.
Please have a look at the AEM Tooling Plugin for IntelliJ IDEA documentation that you can find the the documentation folder right here. It will explain how to install the Plugin and for OSGi deployment the Felix SCR Annotation plugin as well as using the plugin.