Split GPX Tracks into Segments at pauses
split-gpx-track detects pauses in a monolithic gpx track and splits it into segments. It can also detect and remove tracks that are too short or too slow.
Your usecase is something like this:
- you track GPS-positions continuously with something like Tiny Travel Tracker
- you now have one monolithic GPX track that’s missing info where you had your GPS device off.
- software that can edit large amounts of GPS positions with a sensible UI is hard to come by
- you want to remove idle times, pauses and gaps
usage: split-gpx [-h] [--pauses] [--excluded] [--split] ingpx outgpx Detect pauses in a monolithic gpx track and split it into segments. positional arguments: ingpx Input gpx outgpx Output gpx optional arguments: -h, --help show this help message and exit --pauses Include pause tracks --excluded Include tracks that are too short, too near, too slow --split Each track into its own file
- This gist seems to split tracks where points are too far away from each other.