Espruino Plant Monitoring System
Simple soil moisture and ambient temperature monitoring system.
To "IoT" this project checkout my raspbery pi project
Required components/Shopping list:
- One Wire Digital Temperature Sensor - DS18B20
- Soil Moisture Sensor
- 4.7K resistor - If you don't have one, get a resistor pack
There are only 2 sensors in this project, both can be run off a shared 3.3v rail and shared ground rail if breadboarding it.
Check out the fritzing diagram for more clarification. Please note: the soil moisture sensor in the fritzing diagram isn't the same, but they all work on the same principle.
- VCC - 3.3v rail
- GND - Ground rail
- DO - not used
- AO - straight to pin C5
With the rounded side facing away from left to right:
- 0 - Ground rail
- 1 - pin A1
- 2 - 3.3v rail
Note: You need to put the 4.7K resistor between pins 1 & 2 (data and power)
This is just a super basic system:
- LED1 - Green - Signals temp OK
- LED2 - Red - Outside ideal range (20 - 35 degrees Celsius)
- LED3 - Blue - Signals low moisture