Development and Analysis of Barrier Protocols
This is a semi-organised repository of about one year of university work. During this time I:
- surveyed existing protocols
- surveyed actual implementations
- invented new protocols
- analysed/modelchecked/benchmarked some of them
- surveyed the waters in which barriers live - how can barriers be built on shared and distributed memory architectures, an (in-depth-)look at the MPI standard and its suitability for implementing barriers
/complex-lab/is the first ~0.5 years resulting in a small, bad report and a presentation
/is the last ~0.5 years resulting in my minor thesis and a presentation
Some things in the repository need special software
- PRISM Model Checker
- SPIN Model Checker
- GNU C Compiler, because I used local functions/lambdas in the c programming language
- an MPI implementation (e.g. Open MPI)
Everything is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 license. If this licensing scheme is a problem for your intentions, please contact me.
- Parts of this repository might be broken
- Apologies for the presentation slides being incomplete. I'm bad at git.
Why upload this?
- For people interested in researching barrier protocols
- As a portfolio entry so potential employers can see what I did and how I did it