This project is a Hyperledger project in Incubation. It was proposed to the community and documented here. Information on what Incubation entails can be found in the Hyperledger Project Lifecycle document.
Fabric-API comes with a client API.
While this project represents the fruit of many man-years of development, it is still a work in progress and we are in the process of replacing several components, adding others, and integrating with other open source projects. This particularly relates to security, scalability, and privacy.
Fabric-API was built with the requirements of enterprise architecture in mind by a team that has worked in financial institutions for decades. It has a highly modular design at both the code and runtime levels to allow for integrations with legacy systems.
Building and running
Version numbers below indicate the versions used.
- Git 2.4.6 (http://git-scm.com)
- Maven 3.3.3 (http://maven.apache.org)
- Java 1.8.0_51 (http://java.oracle.com)
- JCE 8 (Java Crptography Extension) (http://java.oracle.com)
- Protobuf compiler 3.0.0-beta2 (http://github.com/google/protobuf)
Optionally a JMS bus provider
- e.g. Apache ActiveMQ 5.11.1 (http://activemq.apache.org/)
Installing Prerequisites on OSX
brew tap homebrew/versions
brew install git
brew install maven
- Download and install the latest Java 8 dmg file from Oracle
- Download Java Cryptography Extension (JCE) Unlimited Strength Jurisdiction
Policy Files for JDK/JRE 8 from Oracle, which is a zip file. Extract it and
US_export_policy.jarfiles to your
brew install protobuf250
brew install procmailif the command
lockfileis not available on your OSX version
- Prerequisites for building secp256k1
brew install automake
brew install libtool
- You must have JNI installed. Install Xcode. Next, install the Xcode command
line tools using the
xcode-select --installcommand. You should now have
- Ensure the
$JAVA_HOMEenvironmental variable is unset.
Installing Prerequisites on Ubuntu Linux
apt-get install git maven oracle-java8-installer
apt-get install oracle-java8-unlimited-jce-policy protobuf-compiler
apt-get install procmail
git clone https://github.com/hyperledger/fabric-api.git
mvn clean package -Djava.library.path=<secp256k1_lib_path>