Church Calendar API
Browse Roman Catholic liturgical calendar through a web interface or obtain it's data in JSON format through an API.
Powered by calendarium-romanum and grape.
Explore it on-line
Church Calendar API is a more or less RESTful read-only JSON API.
API documentation with URI examples and live links to API endpoints: http://calapi.inadiutorium.cz/api-doc
- install dependencies using Bundler
$ bundle install
- start application by
Running your own instance on Heroku
The application works as is, you only need to create a new application in your Heroku dashboard and push the code.
Typical reasons for running your own instance include:
- availability/reliability requirements (the reference instance is self-hosted by the author and only maintained as free time permits; it may be terminated at any time)
- very high traffic expected
- custom calendar data that cannot be released as open-source (e.g. because it is copyrighted by the diocese)
- required control over data and algorithm updates (the reference instance is updated without prior notice)
Running with Docker
This repository includes a
dockerfile and a
docker-compose.yml. You can run your own instance by running the following command from inside this folder:
$ docker-compose up -d --build
$ rake test
Adding custom data
In order to add a new calendar:
- put it's data file(s) in the
- create a new record in
GNU/LGPL 3 or later