- Object cleanup tied to lifetime of objects. This idiom, often called RAII in C++, makes it much easier to write correct, leak- and crash-free code. PyCUDA knows about dependencies, too, so (for example) it won't detach from a context before all memory allocated in it is also freed.
- Convenience. Abstractions like pycuda.driver.SourceModule and pycuda.gpuarray.GPUArray make CUDA programming even more convenient than with Nvidia's C-based runtime.
- Completeness. PyCUDA puts the full power of CUDA's driver API at your disposal, if you wish. It also includes code for interoperability with OpenGL.
- Automatic Error Checking. All CUDA errors are automatically translated into Python exceptions.
- Speed. PyCUDA's base layer is written in C++, so all the niceties above are virtually free.
- Helpful Documentation and a Wiki.
Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 50 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
GitHub is where the world builds software
Millions of developers and companies build, ship, and maintain their software on GitHub — the largest and most advanced development platform in the world.