NSNotificationCenter in Swift 4: Intra-app communication, sending, receiving, listening, stop listening for messages.
This is pretty basic folks -- but still very important. In terms of communication and coordination between objects in your app, an age-old debate is whether to use delegation or messaging/notifications. I'll let you think about it.
Here’s the app we'll build:
Xcode 9 project settings
To get this project running on the Simulator or a physical device (iPhone, iPad), go to the following locations in Xcode and make the suggested changes:
- Project Navigator -> [Project Name] -> Targets List -> TARGETS -> [Target Name] -> General -> Signing
- Tick the "Automatically manage signing" box
- Select a valid name from the "Team" dropdown
- Project Navigator -> [Project Name] -> Targets List -> TARGETS -> [Target Name] -> General -> Identity
- Change the "com.yourDomainNameHere" portion of the value in the "Bundle Identifier" text field to your real reverse domain name (i.e., "com.yourRealDomainName.Project-Name").