JPEG2000 support for Java Advanced Imaging Image I/O Tools API core jai-imagecore-core.
WARNING - from the JJ2000 license:
Those intending to use this software module in hardware or software products are advised that their use may infringe existing patents. The original developers of this software module, JJ2000 Partners and ISO/IEC assume no liability for use of this software module or modifications thereof. No license or right to this software module is granted for non JPEG 2000 Standard conforming products.
There is NO FURTHER DEVELOPMENT in this repository; any commits here are just to keep the build working with recent versions of Maven/Java and to fix regressions against previous releases.
If you are not concerned about GPL compatibility or source code availability, you might instead want to use https://github.com/geosolutions-it/imageio-ext/ which is actively maintained and extends the original imageio with many useful features, but depends on the binary distribution of jai_core.
This project is maintained fully on GitHub by its community - to follow the project, simply watch this project on GitHub.
To build this project, use OpenJDK 8 or 11, together with Apache Maven 2.2.1 or newer, and run:
mvn clean install
To use jai-imageio-core-jpeg2000 from a Maven project, add:
<dependency> <groupId>com.github.jai-imageio</groupId> <artifactId>jai-imageio-jpeg2000</artifactId> <version>1.4.0</version> </dependency>
To find the latest
<version> above, see
jai-imageio-jpeg2000 at BinTray
jai-imageio-jpeg2000 is mirrored to Maven Central. Alternatively you can use this explicit repository:
<repositories> <repository> <id>bintray-jai-imageio</id> <name>jai-imageio at bintray</name> <url>https://dl.bintray.com/jai-imageio/maven/</url> <snapshots> <enabled>false</enabled> </snapshots> </repository> </repositories>
The Maven repository include additional artifact types such as
which should be picked up by your IDE's Maven integration.
Copyright and licenses
- Copyright © 1999/2000 JJ2000 Partners
- Copyright © 2005 Sun Microsystems
- Copyright © 2010-2020 University of Manchester
- Copyright © 2014-2015 Stian Soiland-Reyes
- Copyright © 2015 Yannick De Turck
- Copyright © 2017-2018 University of Dundee
- Copyright © 2017 Glencoe Software
- Copyright © 2017 GNF
- Copyright © 2017 connexta / OCTO
- Copyright © 2018 Jurgen Doll / Lightware Software
- Copyright © 2018 BFO
- Copyright © 2020 Egor Radchenko
- Copyright © 2017 Matt Parker
The complete copyright notice for this project is in COPYRIGHT.md
The source code license for the
and the build modifications (e.g.
pom.xml and tests)
are licensed under a BSD 3-Clause license with an additional
nuclear disclaimer, see LICENSE-Sun.txt
The jj2000 package in this module is licensed under the JJ2000 license which is not compatible with the GNU Public License (GPL). It is unknown what is the compatibility of the JJ2000 license with other open source licenses.
- 1.4.0 - see 1.4.0 changelog
- 1.3.1 - Now an OSGi bundle
- 1.3.0 - Changed package name to org.github.imageio.plugins.jpeg2000. Added JPEG2000 test. Java 8-workaround in test.
- 1.2-pre-dr-b04-2014-09-13 - Include jpeg2000 plugin that was remaining in jai-imageio-core. Improved javadoc.
- 1.2-pre-dr-b04-2014-09-12 Separated out JPEG 2000 support from jai-imageio-core for licensing reasons