Lightning RPC Explorer
Simple, database-free Lightning network explorer, via gRPC. Built with Node.js, express, bootstrap-v4.
This tool is intended to be a simple, self-hosted explorer for the Lightning network, driven by RPC calls to your own lightning node.
A live demo of the tool is available at https://lightning.chaintools.io
- Network summary
- Browse nodes and channels, sorted by last update or capacity
- View node and channel details
- Search by node or channel
- Install and run a full, archiving node - instructions. Ensure that your node has full transaction indexing enabled (
txindex=1) and the RPC server enabled (
- Synchronize your node with the Bitcoin network.
- Install LND
- Clone this repo
npm run build
- Optional: Create file
app/credentials.jswith values to overwrite those in app/defaultCredentials.js.
- Open http://127.0.0.1:3004/
To support continued development of this tool and/or to support the hosting of the live demo site:
- Bitcoin: 3NPGpNyLLmVKCEcuipBs7G4KpQJoJXjDGe
- Litecoin: ME4pXiXuWfEi1ANBDo9irUJVcZBhsTx14i