I'm Jay. I'm a data scientist, and I currently live in Washington, DC. I mostly program in Python and R. In a former life, I was an aerospace engineer and wrote a lot of MATLAB.
Some of the open source projects I maintain include:
- cloudpathlib: pathlib-style classes for cloud storage services
- deon: a data science ethics checklist framework and tool
- erdantic: entity-relationship diagrams for Python data classes like Pydantic
- nbautoexport: automatically export Jupyter notebooks to other formats on save
- pkgnet: an R package for network analysis of R package dependencies and structure
- quickhttp: lightweight http server with automatic port-finding and shutdown
- reprexlite: render reproducible examples of Python code for sharing
- spongebob: a collection of tools for creating text in moCkInG SPoNGeboB cAsE
I'm a Lead Data Scientist at DrivenData, where I do full-stack data science consulting for social impact organizations.
Feel free to direct-message me if you'd like to chat about open source, data science careers, data for social and civic good, data ethics, space exploration, or anything else.