MariaDB/MySQL Auto-Сlustering with Embedded Load Balancing and Replication Types Selection
MariaDB/MySQL Auto-Clustering solution is packaged as an advanced highly available and auto-scalable cluster on top of managed Jelastic dockerized stack templates.
The package includes Highly Available ProxySQL Load Balancer and Cluster Orchestrator to manage MariaDB/MySQL replication topology. And there is a choice between different MariaDB/MySQL replication types:
Simple MariaDB/MySQL Replication
- master-slave - provides a good consistency (i.e. exactly one node to modify data), but no automatic failover upon master failure. Slaves can be read without impact on master.
- master-master - operates with two master nodes simultaneously, while other instances are configured as slaves.
MariaDB/MySQL Group Replication (MGR)
MySQL group replication provides benefits of the elastic, highly-available and fault-tolerant topology.
- single-primary group - a group of replicated servers with an automatic primary election, i.e. only one node accepts the data updates at a time
- multi-primary group - solution allows all servers to accept the updates (all nodes are primaries with the read-write permissions)
MariaDB Galera Cluster
MariaDB Galera Cluster is a type of multi-master synchronous replication which is performed at a transaction commit time, by broadcasting transaction write set to all cluster nodes for applying with the following benefits:
- No slave lag
- No lost transactions
- Both read and write scalability
- Smaller client latencies
Deployment to the Cloud
To get started, log in to Jelastic dashboard, import the required manifest using the link from GitHub: https://github.com/jelastic-jps/mysql-cluster/blob/master/manifest.jps
Or you can click the Deploy to Jelastic button, specify your email address within the widget, choose one of the Jelastic Public Cloud providers and press Install.
Note: If you are already registered at Jelastic, you can deploy this cluster from Marketplace.
In the opened confirmation window at Jelastic dashboard, choose MariaDB/MySQL replication type with appropriate cluster topology, state the Environment name, optionally, customize its Display Name. Then, select the preferable region (if several are available) and click on Install.
After successful installation, you’ll receive a number of default emails based on your environment topology with access credentials.
MariaDB/MySQL Managed Hosting Business
To start offering this solution to your customers please follow to Auto-Scalable Clusters for Managed Cloud Business