In the following kata we will play a variation of the classical Farkle Dice Game.
In this version I put together a simplified set of rules, just to practicing Object Calisthenics.
- 2 players, in turn, roll 6 dice
- The score is calculated according to the standard rules represented in the image below
- If your score is 500+ points, you are entitled to make another throw
- The first one that reaches (or overcomes) 10.000 points, wins
3 of a kind = triplet
4 of a kind = quatern
5 of a kind = five
- The 1 and 5 are the only dice that score even if the amount is less than 3
- Three dice of one type give points equal to their value multiplicated by 100 (e.g. a triplet of dice 2 gives 200 points), except for one type: a triplet of 1 gives 1000 points
- The quaternes doubles the triplet points (e.g. a quatern of dice 2 gives 400 points)
- The five triples the triplet points (e.g. a five of 2 gives 600)
These are the standard scores for single dice or combinations of dice:
Here a more compact view: