- Version: 1.0
- Author: Joe McKie
- Author URL: http://joemck.ie/
- Author Skype: joe_mckie
Here it is! A boilerplate theme for the Horizon Framework.
Feel free to use this however you want, and please do contact me if you need any help, during beta stages I'd like to get your opinions first hand.
What is Horizon?
Horizon is a WordPress framework that allows for rapid theme development. Born out of the necessity to build websites quickly, Horizon allows you to make your own extremely customisable themes using the built-in page builder, theme options and shortcodes!
- Import the SAMPLE_DATA.xml file using WordPress Import plugin (tools -> import -> WordPress)
- Dry-save the admin panel (load it up and hit save)
- Set the left and right menus respectively in the menu page
I'm building a wiki! Check it out here!
Horizon is an extremely powerful framework to run WordPress websites on. Here are a few of its features:
- Awesome customisable admin panel. - Add a new option by simply adding a new array!
- Real time typography previews. - Edit font size, colour, decoration, transform, and choose from over 300 Google Fonts, and see the result in real-time!
- Drag & Drop Page Builder - Visually edit the layout of your pages using the drag-&-drop page builder. The options for each element are easily editable, too!
- Ability to have multiple style options. - Ideal for theme developers, or a site with a userbase which is allowed to edit the way they view the site. You can choose an entirely different layout for elements such as blog posts.
- Various choice of thumbnails - You can choose from a featured image, slider, video (vimeo/youtube), audio (soundcloud), quote or link thumbnail!
- 18 Prebuilt shortcodes - Make your posts as feature rich as your pages!
Issues & Feature Requests
Issue and feature requests will be tracked here, please if you find anything or have an idea that will add to the project, make a note of it here, and I'll do my best to action it!
If you want to contribute to the project, please do so, but you MUST test before you commit!
Anyone who contributes will be referenced below: