Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 50 million developers.Sign up
Since the last release there are two new things we've done that should hopefully improve compatibility with apps:
- We now pass the FPS value from OBS to the DAL plugin so it will be correctly advertised to the host application. This will (hopefully) fix compatibility in apps that are sensitive to timing. See also #148.
- The test card now will default to whatever resolution and FPS was last sent from OBS. This might make things work a little better for apps that struggle with changing video formats. Thanks @gxalpha for doing this in #149!
- As a part of this we also made the test card scale gracefully (we hide the text for resolutions smaller than 720p)
Two releases in one day! I didn't expect to fix this one so fast!
There was a bug (#135) where resolutions with certain dimensions would produce garbled video (fixed in #144). While this didn't effect 'standard' resolutions like 1920x1080, 1280x720, 640x480, etc it still tripped people up regularly.
This release fixes that issue (hopefully). Please open an issue if it doesn't.
This is a small release that contains the fix for #91 (QuickTime video recording only records a couple frames). But perhaps it will fix issues with other apps as well. See #133 for the details of the change; it basically changes how this plugin communicates timing.
NOTE: If you've already installed an older version of this plugin, you may need to:
- Delete the existing plugin (
sudo rm -rf /Library/CoreMediaIO/Plug-Ins/DAL/obs-mac-virtualcam.plugin) (see #128 for more details)
- Then restart your computer for the changes to take affect (please help us by reporting on whether you had to reboot or not in #109).
We'll fix this for future versions.
Please keep in mind that some issues may still occur with older versions of macOS, please report them in the issues section if you find them.
First official distribution of the macOS OBS Virtual Camera
- Apple CoreMediaIO DAL plugin for creating a virtual webcam based on johnboiles/coremediaio-dal-minimal-example
- Support for multiple resolutions (though you might need to restart OBS for it to work)
- Includes an animated test card when OBS or the Virtual Camera are not running (see also #34)
- Signed .pkg installer for easy installation and use with existing versions of OBS
Install OBS.app from the usual sources. Then download and run the
.pkg installer. This will install the OBS plugin in
/Library/Application Support/obs-studio/plugins/obs-mac-virtualcam and the DAL plugin in