Simple Starter Template for React, TypeScript, postCSS, ITCSS, CSS-Modules, Webpack 2 and Live Reloading (React Hot Loader 3)
Use this Starter template to create quickly first scaffolding for your SPA project. If you like to don't forget to ★ on Github.
- TypeScript (compiling directly to ES5)
- Hot Module Replacement (React Hot Loader)
- Webpack configuration for HMR
- Webpack production configuration
- Webpack stats (bundle optimization helper)
- General Styling (app/stylesheets):
- Components Styling (app/src/components/...):
- Jest: testing framework
- Enzyme: helper for testing react components
- enzime-to-json: display snapshots correctly with jest and enzyme
- identity-obj-proxy: mock css files when testing
- react-test-renderer: tbc
- ts-jest: needed to make work jest with TypeScript
- Node.js and NPM: Download and install. I have version 7.9.0 of Node and 4.5.0 of NPM on Windows PC
- Git: Download and install. I have version 2.7.4 installed on Windows PC
- Get the url of your forked project.
- Click on "Clone or download" and Copy to clipboard the url ending on .git.
- Open your command line and go to your directoy You don't need to create a specific folder for the project, it will be created by git
- Clone your forked repo on your machine:
$ git clone https://github.com/username/react-typescript-webpack2-cssModules-postCSS
Note: That will create a new folder called react-typescript-webpack2-cssModules-postCSS with all the files in.
Install Project dependencies
$ cd react-typescript-webpack2-cssModules-postCSS $ npm install
Open the project with your Development IDE
I use VS Code https://code.visualstudio.com Open the project using this command:
$ code .
Start development server with Hot Reloading
$ npm run start
Build for production
$ npm run build
Generate Stats (it stores the html file with the stats under webpack/stats folder)
$ npm run stats
As part of the boilerplate, you will see a fancy demo app with two react components already created:
- Create 3 types of Item Card object (singleton, factory static)
- Use inline css using a function to assign CSS depending on the object
- Render Table layout compatible with emails
BSD 3-Clause License
Copyright (c) 2019, José Quinto All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
Neither the name of the copyright holder nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.