Node.js, Express.js & TypeScript Boilerplate for Web Apps
This is a boilerplate project for web applications including both backend and frontend using Node.js, Express.js and TypeScript.
It is built up stepwise. The steps are reflected in individual branches. Each branch introduces a new topic and implements few examples.
Steps aka branches
- 01 – Initial Setup
- 02 – Express.js Middlewares and Request Handlers
- 03 – Code Structure and Design
- 04 – Unit and Integration Testing
- 05 – Minimal Frontend, Isomorphic Bundles, Shared Code
- 06 – Web Security and Rate Limiting
- 07 – Feature Toggles and Criteria using fflip
- 08 – Configuration by Environment Variables
There are open Pull Requests showing the diff for each step compared to its previous step. The
master branch is default and points to the branch of the last recent step.
What to do with a step aka branch?
You should read the article series I wrote about building up this project
- Part 1 (Steps 1-5) – English
🇬🇧– German 🇩🇪
- Part 2 (Steps 6-8) – In progress
- Part 3 (Steps 9-X) – Soon in progress
In addition, have a look at the docs folder on the branches. The files contain information on added NPM scripts and how the changes can be tried out.