Cstitch is a free and open source program for creating cross stitch patterns from images.
See INSTALL_linux.md for linux compile instructions.
Beta version 0.9.8 released on March 20, 2017:
- Added options during pattern saving for specifying the width of a color border around each symbol in the pdf pattern, and for specifying how often the bold/heavier lines should appear in the pdf pattern grid.
- DMC/Anchor color codes and names are now displayed in the main windows (instead of RGB).
- Added the ability to specify fabric of a particular squares per inch/cm in the dimensions computer.
- We should now do better at finding a pdf viewer to auto-display saved pdf patterns.
- More settings are remembered so that they don't need to be reconfigured each time the program is run.
- Bug fixes.
This is the first version for which the downloadable executable for Windows does not run on Windows XP.
Beta version 0.9.7 released on December 2, 2015:
- Fixes for a couple of issues causing projects to fail to open. All Cstitch
users should update to this release to avoid loss of data due to these
- Older versions of Cstitch have a bug related to deleting images which can cause a square image that was never deleted to not be saved in a project, even though that square image was visible on screen at the time of the save. Unfortunately the data associated with that square image is gone for good. If you believe you've experienced this issue (maybe Cstitch crashed when you loaded your project file the next time), your project should load with the new version of Cstitch, but it may warn you that it has detected an error. If resaving your project with the new version of Cstitch doesn't cause that error to go away, feel free to send me your project file and I may be able to help (though unfortunately I can't retrieve any data that has been lost in this case).
- Older versions of Cstitch will refuse to open very large project files (around 15,000 history edits seems to be about enough). If you think you may have run into this issue, loading your project file with this new version of Cstitch should work.
- Added shortcut keys to Undo an edit (Ctrl+z) and Redo an edit (Ctrl+y).
Beta version 0.9.6 released on January 24, 2015:
- Better support for images with transparency
- Three additions contributed by Simon Norberg:
- April 28, 2015 update: bug fix (only affects Linux users)
Beta version 0.9.5 released on May 5, 2014:
- Updates for internationalization
- Italian translation provided by Michele Marino - thanks Michele! The Italian translation will load automatically based on your computer's locale settings.
Beta version 0.9.4 released on January 24, 2014:
- bug fixes
- recent images and projects menus
- ctrl-mouse wheel zooming, shift-mouse wheel horizontal scrolling
Beta version 0.9.3 released on June 20, 2011:
- bug fixes
- now support Anchor floss in addition to DMC floss
Beta version 0.9.2 released on May 8, 2011:
- bug fixes
- no longer using pattern symbols with thickened border (they were hard to distinguish)
- specify pdf symbol size on pdf save
- autoload pdf viewer on pdf save
Beta version 0.9.1 released on April 24, 2011:
- bug fixes
- linux binary now available (see README_linux for distribution availability)
Beta version 0.9.0 released on April 6, 2011.
All executables are packed using the UPX packer (http://upx.sourceforge.net/) to make them smaller - about 40% of the original size. (This has no effect on the way you run the program.)