Plug and play continuous integration with Django and Jenkins
$ pip install django-jenkins
Or by downloading the source and running:
$ python setup.py install
Latest git version:
$ pip install -e git+git://github.com/kmmbvnr/django-jenkins.git#egg=django-jenkins
Installation for Python 3:
Works out of the box
Add 'django_jenkins' to your INSTALLED_APPS list. Configure Jenkins to run the following command:
$ ./manage.py jenkins
This will create reports/ directory with junit xml, Coverage and Pylint reports.
For more details see the generic tutorial: https://sites.google.com/site/kmmbvnr/home/django-jenkins-tutorial or tutorial for running django-jenkins on ShiningPanda CI https://docs.shiningpanda.com/tutorials/multi-databases/project.html
If present, it is supposed to be a list/tuple of django apps for Jenkins to run. Tests, reports, and coverage are generated only for the apps from this list. You should specify --all option to ignore this setting.
List of Jenkins tasks executed by ./manage.py jenkins command.
JENKINS_TASKS = ( 'django_jenkins.tasks.run_pylint', 'django_jenkins.tasks.with_coverage', )
The name of the class to use for starting the test suite for jenkins and jtest commands. Class should be inherited from django_jenkins.runner.CITestSuiteRunner
Here is the list of tasks prebuild with django-jenkins
Runs Pylint over selected Django apps.
Task-specific settings: PYLINT_RCFILE
Produces XML coverage report for Jenkins
Task-specific settings: COVERAGE_RCFILE, COVERAGE_REPORT_HTML_OUTPUT_DIR, COVERAGE_MEASURE_BRANCH, COVERAGE_EXCLUDES, COVERAGE_WITH_MIGRATIONS, COVERAGE_EXCLUDES_FOLDERS
Runs jshint tools over <app>/static/*/*.js files. Creates Pylint compatible report for Jenkins
You should have the jshint installed
Runs CSS lint tools over app/static/*/*.css files. Creates CSS Lint compatible report for Jenkins
You should have the csslint installed
Task-specific settings: CSSLINT_CHECKED_FILES
Runs pep8 tool over selected Django apps. Creates Pylint compatible report for Jenkins
You should have pep8 python package (>=1.3) installed to run this task.
Task-specific settings: PEP8_RCFILE
Runs Pyflakes tool over selected Django apps. Creates Pylint compatible report for Jenkins.
You should have Pyflakes python package installed to run this task.
Runs flake8 tool over selected Django apps. Creates Pylint compatible report for Jenkins.
You should have flake8 python package installed to run this task.
Runs SLOCCount tool over selected Django apps. Creates sloccount plugin compatible report for Jenkins.
You should have the SLOCCount program installed to run this task.
Graphs an overview of the models of the selected Django apps. Creates models.png graphic (example).
- GRAPH_MODELS: A dictionary of settings for graph_models, most corresponding to the command-line options (with 'graphmodels_' removed): fail_without_error, disable_fields, group_models, all_applications, outputfile, layout, verbose_names, language, exclude_columns, exclude_models, inheritance
Replacement for djcelery.tests.runners.CeleryTestSuiteRunner Change settings for run Celery tasks locally.
- Speed up and reduced memory usage for junit reports generation
- django_tests and dir_tests test discovery tasks are replaced by directory discover test runner build-in in django 1.6
- Removed unmaintained lettuce tests support
- Removed unmaintained behave tests support
- Fixed non-asci support in junit reports
- Django 1.6 compatibility
- Flake8 support
- Pep8 file configuration support
- CSSLint no longer shipped with django-jenkins. Install it with npm install csslint -g
- Python 3 (with django 1.5) support
- JSHint no longer shipped with django-jenkins. Install it with npm install jshint -g
- unittest2 compatibility
- WARNING: Junit test data now stored in one junit.xml file
- Support for pep8 1.3
- New in-directory test discovery task
- Added --liveserver option
- Fixes in jslint and csslint tasks
- Added Celery task
- Add nodejs support for jslint and csslint tasks
- Improve js and css files selection
- Bug fixes
- Django 1.3 in requirements
- Windmill support was removed (Django 1.4 has a better implementation)
- Ignore South migrations by default
- Added SLOCCount task
- Added Lettuce testing task
- Added CSS Lint task
- Used xml output format for jslint
- Used native pep8 output format
- Do not produce file reports for jtest command by default
- Ignore Django apps without models.py file, as in Django test command
- Fix jslint_runner.js packaging
- Fix coverage file filtering
- Support pep8, Pyflakes, jslint tools
- Added jtest command
- Allow specify custom test runner
- Various fixes, thnk githubbers :)
- Pluggable ci tasks refactoring
- Alpha support for windmill tests
- Partial python 2.4 compatibility
- Renamed to django-jenkins
Set up local jenkins
Set up django-jenkins:
npm install jshint npm install csslint PATH=$PATH:$WORKSPACE/node_modules/.bin tox -e $TOXENV
Ensure that everythig works
Modify the code
Ensure that everythig works again
Fix pep8/pyflakes errors and minimize pylint's warninigs
Created and maintained by Mikhail Podgurskiy <email@example.com>
Special thanks, for all github forks authors for project extensions ideas and problem identifications.