Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
This is a document for using WordPress plugin "Simple Slug Translate".
Table of Contents
- Registering Language Translator
Registering Language Translator
About Language Translator
Simple Slug Translate can translate the post, page, category and taxonomy slugs to English automatically.
The translation engine is powered by Watson Language Translator.
You need to apply for an IBM Cloud Lite account and get your own API key of Watson Language Translator. For free plan, you can translate up to 1,000,000 characters per month.
This plugin uses the API key to query the translation engine. The API key are not used except for query!
- Unless you already have one, go ahead and create a free IBM Cloud Lite account. Open a web browser, and visit https://console.bluemix.net/registration/free.
- Enter your profiles and click Create Account.
- Temporary registration is completed. To complete your registration, check your email.
- Click the confirmation link in your email, and your account will be activated. Click Log in.
- Enter your email address and password and login.
- Click Catalog.
- Click Language Translator in the catalog.
- Select Lite plan, click Create. Note: If you want unlimited, please select other plan.
- Click View of the created service credentials. Please remember the displayed
You can install Simple Slug Translate directly from the WordPress admin panel.
- Navigate to the Plugins -> Add New and search for "Simple Slug Translate"
- Click Install Now
- Click Activate
You can also install manually.
- Upload the simple-slug-translate directory to the plugins directory.
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins menu in WordPress.
- Navigate to the Settings -> Simple Slug Translate.
- Enter Username, Password, and select Source language(e.g.: When using Japanese
ja - Japanese). Click Save Changes.
- When you will update the post, then the post slug will be automatically translated into English. The page, category and taxonomy as well.