ExtensionCreator is a general purpose Windows application designed to help reduce redundancies in the development of software extensions. It wraps a template engine creating code files from code templates using parameters from an XML file. Strengths of the application include the following:
- Parameters are stored in XML files which can be reused for different extensions using XPATH queries.
- Code templates, which use the Visual Basic programming language, can call Visual Basic functions in addition to storing place-holders for parameters.
- The file structure of the generated code is put inside an XML file which can have place-holders for parameters.
This application was originally designed to create boiler plate code for Joomla components, modules and plugins, but was designed abstractly to be useful for similar problems. As a component creator for Joomla, this software has the following advantages:
- Creates a functioning Joomla component.
- Can create an editable administrator table, or form in the front end, from a MySql table.
- Existing code template files could be edited and new ones could be created based on custom requirements.
- Windows 7 or later
- .NET Framework 4.5 or later
- Windows 7 Professional
- Windows 10 Home
After installing the application, the "Extension Creator" folder will be created in the "Documents" folder, and will contain the following files (except the Output and Archives folders which will be created later):
The program will work with the above files by default, and put the generated files in the Output folder. After a Joomla extension is run, an installable ZIP file will be created in the Archives folder.
- see LICENSE file
- Version 0.5
- Homepage: http://krishanr.nfshost.com