I have updated the popular jQuery code snippets for use in Visual Studio 2012 and 2013. See a demo video on YouTube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Escy0hbEkI8&hd=1
Most of these snippets were originally developed by John Sheehan (http://jquerysnippets.codeplex.com/) for Visual Studio 2010. Credit given where due.
- Open Visual Studio 2012/2013.
- Navigate to Tools > Extensions and Updates.
- Search Online for "jquery code snippets".
- Select the "jQuery Code Snippets" extension and click Install.
- Restart Visual Studio.
- Start using the code snippets.
You can also download and install the extension from the Visual Studio Gallery.
There are over 130 code snippets for jQuery included. You can view a listing of all of these snippets on the project wiki here: https://github.com/kspearrin/Visual-Studio-jQuery-Code-Snippets/wiki/Snippet-Listing
- Updated all snippets to have helpful descriptions and tooltips from latest jQuery docs
- More uniform formatting and spacing throughout snippets
- Various other code cleanup and bug fixes with snippets
Please feel free to submit pull requests to the
- Add missing jQuery snippets (most of these were all created based on an old jQuery build back in the day).