Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Downloading KVIrcs nightly source or binaries
Clone this wiki locally
|KVIrc Official PPA|
Windows Appveyor artifacts instructions
- Visit Appveyor Artifacts
- Select the build you're interested in. You can choose between debug and release builds, both 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x86_64).
- Click on the Artifacts tab located on the right.
- Click on the installer to download it.
File link looks like e.g.
KVIrc-4.9.2-dev-git-7162-g5d1b8667f-x86_64.exe(with diff build nr/hash)
- Add the ppa to your system update and install.
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kvirc/kvirc $ apt-get update $ sudo apt-get install kvirc
Note: ppa provides nightly builds for 14.04 LTS, 15.10 and 16.04 LTS for Ubuntu and variants.
Earlier or newer versions require manual compilation for nightly source at this time.
- Edit your
$ sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list
- Add the link above for your current release e.g.
deb http://notesalexp.org/kvirc/codename/ codename main
- Save and close sources.list and run the following commands:
$ wget -O - http://notesalexp.org/kvirc/alexp_key.asc | apt-key add - $ apt-get update $ sudo apt-get install kvirc
$ git clone https://github.com/kvirc/KVIrc.git
$ wget https://github.com/kvirc/KVIrc/archive/master.tar.gz
Compiling: notes and information
Alternatively if you are familiar with source code packaging and providing / maintaining repositories for your preferred distro(s), you could instead help us extend the availability list above.