Free Responsive HTML Email Template
Sometimes all you want is a really simple responsive HTML email template with a clear call-to-action button. Here it is.
Inline your CSS before sending
Email is notorious for inconsistent CSS support. Therefore you should always inline your CSS and send a test to yourself before sending.
Sending emails directly from your codebase or using a developer service?
For an API service (like Mailgun, SendGrid, Postmark) you need to inline the CSS before sending. See
email-inlined.html for an example.
- Copy all of email.html
- Paste the HTML as the source into the inliner
- Copy the HTML output and use this as the email template you send
Sending emails using a marketing service like Mailchimp?
Use the template
email.html as is. They'll put the CSS inline for you when you put together your campaign.
Images in email
When inserting images remember to include the following attributes or risk them breaking in different clients:
<img src="https://absolute-path-to-image.jpg" alt="Useful alt text" width="500" height="300" border="0" style="border:0; outline:none; text-decoration:none; display:block;">
Tried and tested on all major email clients
Tested on mobile, desktop and web.
More HTML email resources
- 10 HTML Email Templates for Developers
- An Introduction To Building And Sending HTML Email
- Grunt Email Design Workflow
- Everything Web Developers Need To Know About Transactional Email
- Manage and Send Email Templates To Yourself
This free template is part of a pack of responsive email templates for developers and startups available on HTML Email.