Replace Sprockets with webpack.
This is very much still alpha quality software. Do not use in your production system
Add this line to your application's Gemfile:
Comment out the sprockets railstie in
# require "sprockets/railtie" require "webpack/railtie"
application.js to remove any sprockets manifest directives.
Instead change your
at the top. Finally the webpack config file
See the issues list for specifics but roughly:
- Create a rails generator installer task.
- Document the node_modules required and install these as part of the installation process.
- Explore the possibility of hiding the node_modules into
- Change the development compilation step not run webpack on every request to
- Explore how to do production deploys.
- Create a
- Fork it ( https://github.com/[my-github-username]/webpack-rails/fork )
- Create your feature branch (
git checkout -b my-new-feature)
- Commit your changes (
git commit -am 'Add some feature')
- Push to the branch (
git push origin my-new-feature)
- Create a new Pull Request