Libarchive 3.4.0 is a feature and security release.
- Support for file and directory symlinks on Windows
- Read support for RAR 5.0 archives
- Read support for ZIPX archives with xz, lzma, ppmd8 and bzip2 compression
- Support for non-recursive list and extract
- New tar option: --exclude-vcs
- Improved file attribute support on Linux and file flags support on FreeBSD
- 64-bit ar format support
- fix reading Android APK archives (#1055 )
- fix problems related to unreadable directories (#1167)
- patches from OpenBSD to libarchive_fe/passphrase.c
- support extracting ACLs with in-entry comments (#1096)
- support extracting extattrs as non-root on non-user-writable files (#1023)
- a two-digit number of OSS-Fuzz issues was resolved in this release
- various resource leak, use-after-free and crash fixes
Thanks to all contributors and bug reporters for making libarchive such a great piece of software.
Special thanks to @antekone for implementing RAR 5.0 reader and ZIPX decompression support.