Fix it up!
AutoPkgr 1.5.7 includes a bug fix for integration and repo compatibility.
- Corrected default branch invocation to avoid issues when working with integrations and repos. This resolves issue #665 and #668. Thanks to @apizz and @jaw4uz for the reports!
- Issue #666, unrelated to AutoPkgr has been resolved by the release of AutoPkg 2.3.1. Thanks to @homebysix for #723 and #724 for the reports and fixes!
Making a list.. Checking it.. once
AutoPkgr 1.5.6 includes some fixes when working with .munki recipes.
- Updated Sparkle and AutoUpdate to use Universal version. Please note that AutoPkgr is not a Universal app and requires Rosetta on Apple Silicon Macs, due to some legacy dependencies.
- Attention Munki Users: AutoPkgr will once again automatically add the MakeCatalogs.munki recipe to the end of your recipe list and keep it there. You do not have to check the box to include the MakeCatalogs.munki in your schedule. It will be included automatically. Since the introduction of recipe trust information in AutoPkg 1.0, we recommend that you create an override of MakeCatalogs.munki, instead of running the recipe itself.
- Updated default branch invocation to avoid branch name issues when working with repos.
A Simple Integration
AutoPkgr 1.5.5 now integrates with SimpleMDM! The SimpleMDM Munki repo plugin works with Munki and AutoPkg to import packages via .munki recipes. To get started with AutoPkgr and SimpleMDM, please check out the AutoPkgr Wiki! For more information about the SimpleMDM Munki repo plugin, please review the README.
- AutoPkgr now integrates with the SimpleMDM munki repo plugin. Big thanks to @tboyko for a great collaboration!
- Attention Munki Users: In order to eliminate confusion, AutoPkgr will no longer automatically add the MakeCatalogs.munki recipe to the end of your recipe list. If you would like to add it, you should create an override of the MakeCatalogs.munki recipe and add it to your recipe list. Since the introduction of recipe trust information in AutoPkg 1.0, we recommend that you create an override of MakeCatalogs.munki, instead of running the recipe itself. Make sure to check the box to include the MakeCatalogs.munki in your schedule. It will no longer be included automatically.
- Updated the Folders & Integrations tab to "Integrations."
- The minimum macOS build to run AutoPkgr is now macOS 10.13. It is recommended to run at least macOS 10.13.6 with AutoPkgr. 10.14.6 and above is even better. If you need to run below macOS 10.13, please consider using version 1.5.4 or below of AutoPkgr.
- Updated ongoing development credits.
- Updated to Google Chat verbiage (in place of Hangouts).
- Updated the "AutoPkgr Google Chat" Template. This no longer needs to be edited.
The Notification Club
Don't you.. forget about Teams (or Hangouts). Let's get together. AutoPkgr 1.5.4 now integrates notifications with Microsoft Teams and Google Hangouts!
- AutoPkgr now integrates with Microsoft Teams and Google Hangouts for notifications.
- For Hangouts, copy the "AutoPkgr Slack Bot" Template into the "AutoPkgr Google Hangouts" Template and select Save.
- Improved notification error handling.
We're happy to announce that this version of AutoPkgr now supports the upcoming release of AutoPkg 2.0!
If you use JSSImporter, or any custom processors, please review the following before installing AutoPkg 2.0: https://github.com/lindegroup/autopkgr/wiki/AutoPkg-2.0-transition-notes-for-AutoPkgr-users.
- AutoPkgr now supports the upcoming version 2.0 of the AutoPkg command line utility, which runs in Python 3 only. Big thanks to @homebysix for the help!
Norwegian Blues stun easily, major.
To celebrate the new release of JSSImporter, this release now reports and installs the correct current release version of JSSImporter! This release again implements Apple’s security requirements for macOS 10.15 compatibility: hardened runtime, complete code signing, Notarization with the Apple Notary Service, and stapling of tickets.
- AutoPkgr now reports and installs the latest release version of JSSImporter (currently v1.0.2).
- Updated all package, identifier, and url references of
jssimporter/jssimporter, and its copyright for compatibility with @grahampugh's release.
- Updated example url in AutoPkgr’s Folders & Integrations tab for JSSimporter to reflect Jamf branding.
- Updated language in AutoPkgr’s Notifications tab to
macOSto reflect Apple branding.
- Updated credits.
- Updated version to 1.5.1.
- Updated build number to 1404.
- Updated CHANGELOG.md.
- Updated development team in README.md.
- Per Apple’s Notarization requirements, the Notarized AutoPkgr-1.5.1.dmg has been stapled with the tickets from the Apple Notary Service. This allows full compatibility with GateKeeper for installation and ongoing checks in macOS Catalina. Due to this, if you build from source code instead of installing AutoPkgr with the dmg, AutoPkgr may not launch in macOS Catalina.
The True Love Update - It’s only mostly dead.
In preparation for the release of macOS Catalina, we've made a new version of AutoPkgr. This release implements Apple’s security requirements for macOS 10.15 compatibility: hardened runtime, complete code signing, Notarization with the Apple Notary Service, and stapling of tickets.
We've also added support for the awesome Dark mode in macOS 10.14+, an easy right-click action for ”Update Trust Info for Override,” and an updated code signing certificate.
AutoPkgr 1.5 enables macOS administrators everywhere to continue using AutoPkgr. Happy autopkg-ing!
- Support for Dark Mode in macOS 10.14+.
- Hardened Runtime and complete Code Signing to support macOS Catalina.
- Notarization from Apple to support macOS Catalina.
- New code signing certificate valid until 2024.
- "Update Trust Info for Override" right-click action.
- Spanish localization. (big thanks to @luisgiraldo for translating!)
- Added OpenSSL-OSX pod in podfile.
- Updated credits and copyright information.
- Updated README.md to reflect Jamf and macOS rebranding.
- Per Apple’s Notarization requirements, the Notarized AutoPkgr-1.5.dmg has been stapled with the tickets from the Apple Notary Service. This allows full compatibility with GateKeeper when installing in macOS Catalina. Due to this, if you build from source code instead of installing AutoPkgr with the dmg, AutoPkgr may not launch in macOS Catalina.
Fresh off the release of macOS Sierra, we've got a new version of AutoPkgr that includes some important fixes for 10.12 compatibility. We've also added amazingly easy one-click integration with the great new VirusTotalAnalyzer processor from Hannes Juutilainen, which checks downloaded files against the VirusTotal database.
Important note: this version of AutoPkgr no longer supports OS X Mountain Lion (10.8).
- Updated versions of MMMarkdown and MailCore2 used in AutoPkgr.
- Clarified wording on the selective notifications picker (thanks to @poundbangbash for the wordsmithing).
- Prepared for localization, starting with French. (#537, big thanks to Guillaume Gete)
- Left-aligned results of recipe searches.
- Updated hard-coded default list of AutoPkg repos used when GitHub is not accessible.
- Fixed issues with storing notification credentials in the AutoPkgr keychain in macOS Sierra. (#554, #555)
- Fixed the AutoPkgr Slack bot icon URL. (#527)
- Fixed a bug that would prevent notifications from being sent if the notification trigger actions were never customized. (#533)
- Fixed a bug that caused the width of the AutoPkgr window to snap back to defaults when clicking on the Notifications tab. (#499)
- Some typos found and corrected.
- Removed 10.8 support. AutoPkgr now requires Mac OS X 10.9 or higher.