Mobile, public and participatory performance
- How do we find each other? How do we connect? How do we initially engage?
- How do we interact with each other in public social spaces? What are the patterns and rules and expectations?
- Thinking about... communication, conversation, location awareness, social networking.
- "Classic" Social Media
- Transportation: these afford an opporunity for you as a driver to connect with riders in a way that you would not otherwise be able to.
- Location and proximity to places: can just be a reference, but can take on a new meaning when it modifies your decisions on the spot.
- Dating and proximity to people: some of these are just mobile versions of what otherwise exists online, others add a new dimension by providing extra information about people around you.
- Social Improvement
- Identification and understanding
- Self Tracking
- Secret interactions
- Alternative interactions
- UI Stencils
- proto.io - mobile prototyping
- PhoneGap emulator
- PhoneGap cloud packager
- The Prophet’s Prosthesis: An Interview with Krzysztof Wodiczko and if you want more context for Krzysztof's work read Designing for the City of Strangers
- Radical Street Performance
- Claire Bishop, Participation
- Rhizome: locative media revisited
- Mark Skwarek and The AR Art Manifesto
- The Street is the Stage
- Reading list from Urban Hacking / Interventions in Public Space
- Urban Hacking (4): Hacking structuring space
- Reading list from Mediated Environments
- Introduction to a Critique of Urban Geography
- Architecture, Pervasive Computing, and Environmental Knowing: Embodied Predispositions, Habitual Contexts
- Finding Flow - The Psychology of Engagement with Everyday Life: The Content of Experience
- Redefining the Basemap
- Future City
- Cityness in the Urban Age
- Urban Computing and its Discontents
- Cities in Transition
- The Practice of Everyday Life: Walking in the city, Spatial Stories
- Cyber-animism and augmented dreams
- Are you in the Biennale, or aren't you? Both, thanks to Augmented Reality
- Excerpts from public sphere_s by Steve Dietz
Performance and participatory art
Happening-alike / "Generative" group-based interaction
This is in a public space, performative group-based interaction, and people come knowing something will "happen".
- Augusto Boal, Invisible Theater, Theater of the Oppressed
- Allan Kaprow, Happenings
- Improv Everywhere
- Fainting Goats to Benny Hill Theme
Direct public confrontation/interaction
- Valie Export, tapp und tastkino (tap and touch cinema)
- Adrian Piper, Calling Card, I am not here to pick anyone up
- Yes Men
- Graffiti Research Lab, Laser Tag, LED Throwies
- Voina, Bridge and Kisses
- Las madres de la plaza de mayo
- Andrea Fraser
- Lynn Hershman, Roberta Breitmore
- Ann Hirsch, Basement Affair
- Micha Cárdenas, Becoming Dragon
Gallery as theater / for performance, implicating the audience
Has some similarities to "happening-alike" situation.
- Marina Abramovic
- Yoko Ono, Cut Piece
- Tehching Hsieh
- Vito Acconci, Storefront for Art and Architecture, Seedbed