Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 40 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
- What spaces are social? What are rules? How do we test them? What happens when we don’t follow them? How do we misinterpret each other? Failures, communication breakdowns and arguments, ambiguity?
- Breaching experiments, sociology, Garfinkel, Goffman, and Milgram
- Harold Garfinkel
- Breaching experiments
- Erving Goffman - sociologist studied face-to-face interaction, related to performance
- The Presentation of Self in Everyday Life
- Interaction Ritual
- Stanley Milgram bus experiments
- Nathan for you STDs
- Nathan for you 2 grams
- Matthias Gommel, Delayed
- Sophia Brueckner, Crying to Dragon
- Yes Men New York Times
- Accessible Icon Project
- Ingrid Burrington, Center for Missed Connections
Some links from discussion in class:
- Girlfriend, Mother, Professor?
- Social Anxiety: Why Artist Amalia Ulman's Fake "Middlebrow" Instagram Is No Different From Yours, AMALIA ULMAN: EXCELLENCES & PERFECTIONS
- Instagram Star Essena O’Neill Breaks Her Silence..., Essena O'Neill quits Instagram...
- What Happened When This Woman Wore A Hijab In Her Tinder Profile
- Notes from Kio Stark's class Stranger Studies