An lv2 plug-in for broadband noise reduction.
- Spectral gating and spectral subtraction suppression rule
- Adaptive and manual noise thresholds estimation
- Adjustable noise floor
- Adjustable offset of thresholds to perform over-subtraction
- Time smoothing and a masking estimation to reduce artifacts
- Basic onset detector to avoid transients suppression
- Whitening of the noise floor to mask artifacts and to recover higher frequencies
- Option to listen to the residual signal
- Soft bypass
- Noise profile saved with the session
- The plug-in will introduce latency so it's not appropriate to be used while recording (35 ms for 44.1 kHz)
- It was developed to be used with Ardour however it is known to work with other hosts
To compile and install this plug-in you will need the LV2 SDK, Meson build system (use pip3 to install it), ninja compiler, git and fftw3 library (>= 3.3.5 is recommended to avoid threading issues).
git clone https://github.com/lucianodato/noise-repellent.git cd noise-repellent chmod +x install.sh && ./install.sh
There is now an AUR package at https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/noise-repellent-git for Arch Users (Kindly done by CrocoDuck).
Code is documented using doxygen. To read it be sure to install doxygen in your system and run the following command:
doxygen -s doc/doxygen.conf
This will generate an html folder inside doc folder. Accessing index.html you can read the documentation.