- Phase: Alpha / Under development
- Checkout the project
- Make sure all requirements are installed:
pip install -r requirements.txt
- Adjust your settings (DB, etc)
- Create DB structure and import initial data:
- Add user registration: django-registration
Refactor cities variable required by all the templates; create a template tag or use template processor Add flatpages for static content
- Clean up inline CSS and JS
- Clean up template: indentation needs to be corrected
- Implement buy for friend
- Implement Reviews ?!
- Localization (views, templates)
- Add url to Advetiser (maybe)
Move header.html inclusion from all the templates to base.html Review usage of the following apps: countries, debug_toolbar, facebook, socialregistration, photologue, etc; add them to requirements.txt and delete them from repo. Install django-socialregistration in requirements; clean up url entries Implemented simple version for robots.txt Implemented dynamic sitemap.xml; This can be pushed to google with:
Massive Coupon - An Open Source Crowd Buying engine
Here it is boys and girls ... a decent starting point for your own Groupon clone. I wrote this over 2 weekends and spent some coin designing it - and now I'm giving it all away for FREE!
Why am I doing this? Why not? I decided not to launch due to increasing competition - so my loss is your gain! I hope to see some cool development and branches come out of this thing. The open-source community has hooked me up big time over the years - Linux, Apache, Python, Django and on and on.... so I'm hoping this will help someone out.
- Nice Design (all html / css / graphics included!)
- Basic Groupon functionality (deal timeouts, tipping point, checkout, paypal express integration)
The engine is written in Python + Django .. any decent Django coder should be able to get it up and running. I didn't have too much time to clean it up .. so it's 'as is'.
Good luck and happy group buying!
Rob Platek SocialWire.ca