Magento 2 Google reCAPTCHA Free Extension
Google reCAPTCHA for Magento 2 keeps abusive activities away. By creating a human-friendly shield, bots will be not allowed to access your admin panel and your store, while humans can pass through with ease.
- Add Invisible CAPTCHA to all forms on the frontend
- Add Visible CAPTCHA to the backend (Featured)
- Works on any kinds of forms (Featured)
- Compatible with Mageplaza extensions
Q: I got error: Mageplaza_Core has been already defined
A: Read solution here
Q: What types of forms that Google reCAPTCHA can be displayed on?
A: There are 6 forms which can be selected to display reCAPTCHA on frontend: Login, Forget password, Change password, Product review, Contact us and Registration form. However, admins can insert URL paths and CSS selectors to display reCAPTCHA on any forms they want.
Q: What types of CAPTCHA that your module is applying?
A: reCAPTCHA v2 and invisible CAPTCHA are integrated in Magento 2 Google reCAPTCHA.
Q: Where in a form can I display reCAPTCHA?
A: You can display reCAPTCHA on the Bottom left, Bottom right and Inline.
Q: Can I change the language of reCAPTCHA?
A: Yes, you can choose a language code to display reCAPTCHA on the backend.
3. How to install Google reCAPTCHA extension for Magento 2
Run the following command in Magento 2 root folder:
composer require mageplaza/module-google-recaptcha php bin/magento setup:upgrade php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
4. Highlight features
Google reCAPTCHA extension by Mageplaza integrates invisible CAPTCHA which allows humans to pass through the protection with ease, yet it stops bots from abusive activities.
There is no CAPTCHA box within the form’s area, invisible CAPTCHA appears on the right/left bottom of the page which ensures not to distract the user. Invisible CAPTCHA will only popped up if any abusive activities from bots are found, and let humans go through without any interruption.
Add CAPTCHAs to any forms
There’s no limit to add reCAPTCHAs to any kinds of form on the frontend. Admins can either select available forms or insert URL paths/CSS selectors to display reCAPTCHAs to anywhere they want. There are 6 forms which are available to select with ease:
- Login form
- Registration form
- Forgot password form
- Contact us
- Change password
- Product review
Magento 2 Google reCAPTCHA also allows adding CAPTCHA to the backend in two forms:
- Admin Login
- Admin Forgot Password
5. More features
Customize Captcha forms
Set no limit to which forms to display Google reCAPTCHA by inserting URL post paths and CSS selectors.
Google reCaptcha for Magento 2 is highly compatible with Mageplaza extensions: Blog, Security, Social Login, Gift Card, One Step Checkout.
Google reCAPTCHAs can be displayed right in the form or on the bottom left or on the bottom right of the page
Add a language code to change the language of reCAPTCHAs.
6. Full feature list
- Turn on/off module
- Change reCAPTCHAs’ language
- Invisible reCAPTCHAs are added to all forms on the frontend
- Visible CAPTCHAs are added to the backend
- CAPTCHA is added to the admin login form
- CAPTCHA is added to the admin’s forgot-password form
- Turn on/off reCAPTCHAs on the frontend
- Be able to add CAPTCHAs to all kinds of forms on the frontend
- Be able to add CAPTCHAs at 3 positions: inline, right bottom and left bottom
- Be able to select themes and sizes for CAPTCHAs
- Compatible with Mageplaza extensions: Blog, Security, Social Login, Gift Card, One Step Checkout.
- Invisible CAPTCHAs: users are not disrupted by visible reCAPTCHAs. Humans pass through easily while bots are not allowed to access.
7. How to configure Google Recaptcha extension
- Enable: Choose Yes to turn the module on
- Language Code : Select a language to display Google reCAPTCHAs on frontend.
- In the Invisible field:
Note: Invisible CAPTCHAs are implemented to the frontend only
- Google API Key: Enter the Google API Key
- Google API Secret Key: Enter the Secret Key
- How to create reCAPTCHA: See how to add Google reCAPTCHAs here
- In the Visible field:
Note: Visible CAPTCHAs are implemented to the backend only
- Google API Key: Enter the Google API Key for reCAPTCHAs
- Google API Secret Key: Enter the API Secret Key
- How to create reCAPTCHA: See how to create Google reCAPTCHA here
Enable: Select Yes to allow Google reCAPTCHA to work on the backend
Forms: Select one or two forms to which are implemented Google reCAPTCHAs:
- Forms = Admin Login: when admins log in to the admin panel, visible reCAPTCHAs will be activated
- Forms = Admin Forgot Password: when admins click on Forgot password to reset it, Google reCAPTCHA is displayed
Size: Select how to display Google reCAPTCHA
- Size = Compact: When Compact is selected, Google reCAPTCHA is displayed as below
- Size = Normal: if Normal is selected, Google reCAPTCHA is shown as below:
- Theme = Light: The light color is applied for reCAPTCHA
- Theme = Dark: The dark color is applied for reCAPTCHA
Enable: Select Yes to turn on invisible reCAPTCHA on the frontend
Forms: Admins can select one or some forms to implement reCAPTCHAs to
- Forms = Login: when visitors log in to the page
- Forms = Create User: when visitors fill in the registration form
- Forms = Forgot Password: when visitors forget their passwords and fill in the Forget-password form
- Forms = Contact Us: when visitors fill in the Contact Us form
- Forms = Change Password: when visitors fill a form to change password
- Forms = Product Review: when visitors visit a product page to leave a product review
Badge Position = Inline: display reCAPTCHA in selected forms
Badge Position = Bottom Right: display reCAPTCHA on the bottom right of the page
Badge Position = Bottom Left: display reCAPTCHA the bottom left of the page
Theme = Light: The light color is applied for reCAPTCHA
Theme = Dark: The dark color is applied for reCAPTCHA
Custom Form Position: display reCAPTCHA to any kinds of forms
Form Post Paths
- Enter the path (url) where will process your form information
For example: newsletter/subscriber/new/, display reCAPTCHA in the email address field on the website.
Below are some detailed steps:
- Step 1: Log in to your website
- Step 2: Choose Form that you want to display reCAPTCHA and open the Test window
- Step 3: After that, choose Element tab, then choose the form that contains the field you want to add reCAPTCHA
- Step 4: In the Subscriber Form in the Action field, copy the URL path. (In this example, the URL is "newsletter/subscriber/new/")
- Step 5: Paste the URL into the Form Post Paths field
- The paths are separated by downstream.
- If you this field is empty and you fill in the information in the CSS Selectors field, reCAPTCHA is still displayed on the form that you fill in the CSS Selectors field, but it still doesn’t work on that form.
- You need to take CSS Selector of the form. At our example, we will take ID of the form.
For example: #newsletter-validate-detail, display reCAPTCHA in the Subscriber
- The IDs should be separated by downstream.
- If you leave this field empty while filling in the information in Form Post Paths field, reCAPTCHA won't be displayed on the form you want.
- To display Google reCAPTCHAs in a custom form, you have to fill in two fields: Form Post Paths and CSS Selectors.
- If you are not able to access to the backend while reCAPTCHA is enabled, you can use the following command to disable the module via composer. After that, you can access the admin panel again.
php bin/magento module:disable Mageplaza_Recaptcha
Or, use this command below to disable the configuration:
php bin/magento mageplaza:core:disable Mageplaza_Recaptcha