Guest management/communication application for LANs (LAN parties). No account required, just visit the server in the browser.
Server must be placed on the same network subnet as the LAN party. Otherwise the system will not be able to determine the MAC address of clients.
- Provide a list of users connected to the system. The list will provide:
- Local IP address of everyone
- Hostname of everyone
- Real Name of everyone
- Provide a communication platform
- Internal chat functionality
- Connect it all to a DB for persistence
- Provide STEAM information (currently playing, join game, etc).
Long term goals
- Tournament Organization
- php5.3 or greater (5.4 prefered)
- CURL extension must be installed for PHP
- Server that can host the application locally
- Unix based server. (MAC os X will require that you set the server IP manually in the config file)
- Clone repository to server
- Set up mysql user and database
- Copy config.sample.php to config.inc.php
- Complete the config.inc.php file
- Install the database schema: From a command line interface run 'php scripts/install.php'
- To run the server, run: 'php bin/server.php'
Set up as a daemon (auto start, run in background)
This is up to you. However, I got it working just fine with supervisord.
1. Install and configure supervisord using this tutorial: http://edvanbeinum.com/how-to-install-and-configure-supervisord
2. For the command, enter something like
Some helpful commands for supervisord include:
#supervisorctl status # supervisorctl start yourscriptname # supervisorctl stop yourscriptname