Citing this work
Introduction to Reproducible Research in R and R Studio.
In this session, we are going to get you started with using version control from within RStudio.
The material is self-paced and includes a worked-example. It is suggested that you work through the sections in order.
Version control with git and github
- Installing the software - Get what you need on your own machine
- Getting an account on github - Sign up for github
- Creating an RStudio project - Creating an example, version controlled project
- Starting our analysis project - A simple script to get us started
- Getting our project under version control - First step into a larger world
- Making a change - Making our script more useful
- Committing our change - How to commit a change
- Connecting our local repository to github - Backup! Making our code available to the world.
- Subsequent updates - Now we are set up, the workflow is easy.
- The example repo - My version of the repo we've created today
- Things we haven't told you - Steps to further learning