First, thank you to everyone that completed the survey from the last release! Based on your feedback, this release includes a number of changes, with more to come. If you haven't completed it yet, you can find it here.
During the past few months, we've also been working to better organize the issue tracker, and it's now much easier to find existing issues. Thank you to @KagamineP, @Sestowner, @antfu, and @Syndamia for your help!
Finally, I've started accepting contributions through GitHub Sponsors. Your support means that I can spend more time working on this project, and any support you can offer is greatly appreciated!
There are a number of improvements in this release:
- Icons in Min have been updated, and now fit better with the rest of the interface (by @antfu)
- On Windows and Linux, the tab bar now supports drag-and-drop to rearrange tabs.
- Added dark mode support to the PDF viewer.
- It's now easier to see the progress of downloaded files.
- The searchbar now includes a button to quickly disable content blocking on a site.
- The settings page now shows the number of requests that have been blocked.
- Added an option to create custom resource filters (more information).
- Added a setting to open new tabs in the background (by @BenStigsen and @Sestowner)
- Added "paste and go" option to the searchbar (by @Sestowner)
- You can now drag a file onto the tab bar to open it (by @Sestowner)
- Added an option to use a proxy in Min (by @Sestowner)
- Added Linux ARM support (by @jyangchisyan)
- Added support for spell-checking in the context menu.
- Added option to save a link from the context menu (by @Sestowner)
- Added option to copy an email address (by @Sestowner)
- Bulgarian (by @Syndamia)
- Korean (by @lee-yunseok)
- Russian (by @KagamineP)
- Japanese (by @KagamineP)
- Ukrainian (by @Sestowner)
- Polish (by @JB1905)
- Portuguese (by @smarquespt and @idAlencar)
- Brazilian Portuguese (by @idAlencar and @Matheus-de-Souza)
Bug fixes and other changes
- Fixed an issue where Min would sometimes be displayed in the wrong language
- Fixed an issue where an additional menu bar would sometimes be displayed on Linux.
- Improved the reliability of 1Password integration.
- Fixed an issue where Min wouldn't run if your Windows username included certain characters.
- Improved touchscreen support.
- Improved compatibility with Google sign-in.
- Autoplaying videos are now disabled by default.
- Fixed an issue where Min couldn't be minimized in certain Linux desktop environments.
- Tags are now autocompleted when creating a bookmark.
- Added Qwant as a search engine option.
- Fixed an issue where reader mode wouldn't work on certain websites.
- Host file autocompletions have been removed.
- Upgraded to Electron 9 / Chromium 83.