Cookiecutter Python Package
- Testing setup with
- Travis-CI: Ready for Travis Continuous Integration testing
- Codacy: Automated your code quality
- Github CHANGELOG Generator: Generate changelog with ease
Install the latest Cookiecutter if you haven't installed it yet (this requires Cookiecutter 1.4.0 or higher):
pip install -U cookiecutter
Generate a Python package project:
- Create a repo and put it there.
- Add the repo to your Travis-CI account.
- Install the requirements into a virtualenv.
pip install -r requirements.txt)
- Register your project with PyPI.
- Release your package by pushing a new tag to master.
For more details, see the cookiecutter-pypackage tutorial.
Fork This / Create Your Own
If you have differences in your preferred setup, I encourage you to fork this to create your own version. Or create your own; it doesn't strictly have to be a fork.
- Once you have your own version working, add it to the Similar Cookiecutter Templates list above with a brief description.
- It's up to you whether or not to rename your fork/own version. Do whatever you think sounds good.
Or Submit a Pull Request
I also accept pull requests on this, if they're small, atomic, and if they make my own packaging experience better.
This package was created with Cookiecutter