Mopidy extension that plays sound from YouTube.
Mopidy-YouTube is currently kept on life support by the Mopidy core developers. It is in need of a more dedicated maintainer.
If you want to be the maintainer of Mopidy-YouTube, please:
- Make 2-3 good pull requests improving any part of the project.
- Read and get familiar with all of the project's open issues.
- Send a pull request removing this section and adding yourself as the "Current maintainer" in the "Credits" section below. In the pull request description, please refer to the previous pull requests and state that you've familiarized yourself with the open issues.
As a maintainer, you'll be given push access to the repo and the authority to make releases to PyPI when you see fit.
Make sure you already have the GStreamer plugins, especially the "bad" collection of plugins. For example, on Debian/Ubuntu you can install it by running:
sudo apt-get install gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad
For older versions of Mopidy (pre v2.0), install the plugins by running:
sudo apt-get install gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad
Install by running:
pip install Mopidy-YouTube
No configuration needed. The only supported config value is
which can be set to
false to disable the extension.
Simply use search for filename in your MPD client or add YouTube URL to
playlist prefixed by
Example for playlist:
If resolving of URIs stops working, always try to update the pafy library first:
pip install --upgrade pafy
- Original author: Janez Troha
- Current maintainer: None. Maintainer wanted, see section above.
- Fix resolving of
youtube:videoURIs when looking up tracks. (Fixes: #21, PR: #50)
Nonedoesn't get includes in track image lists. (PR: #48)
- Update links to GitHub repository.
- Don't return
Nonevalues to Mopidy when lookup or search returns invalid data. In Mopidy 1.0, this caused a crash. In Mopidy 1.1, this caused warnings about the YouTube backend returning invalid data. (Fixes: #28, PR: #35)
- Require Mopidy >= 1.0.
- Update to work with the new playback API in Mopidy 1.0.
- Update to work with the new search API in Mopidy 1.0.
- Changelog missing.
- Changelog missing.
- Initial release.