Activity Campaign site
You can see this site live at https://activate.mozilla.community/
How to add or update content
All content can be edited using Markdown files.
- Front page (in English) can be modified editing index.md.
- Pages can be added/edited from the _pages folder, including subfolders for localized content (front page included).
- Some parts are used multiple times and therefore are in a separate file, please also check the subfolders in _includes for translations.
- General parts of the website such as the menu are configured in _data/l10n. Please translate those strings there as well.
Each page has a top section with some variables:
--- layout: page title: "Developer Engagement" permalink: /developer-engagement/ lang: en ref: developer-engagement ---
- layout: Layout for the page. This has to be
- title: (Localizable) Main title for the page.
- permalink: (Unique, Localizable) URL for the page, can include lang code for localized pages.
- lang: (Localizable) Language code for this page, usually
- ref: Reference for this page. Just use the permalink in English, all localized pages should have the same one.
- parent (Optional) For subpages this defines the parent page ref.
Submit a new localization
- In order to request a new localization, please create a new issue with the title "LanguageName (LanguageCode) localization"
- The locale will be evaluated by the program manager, along with members of that community.
- If it gets the green light, we will notify the localization team and create the folder structure.
- Then the localization team can translate the markdown files in their Language.
- Once the localization team signs off on the translations, we will enable the language on the website.
Localize the impact form
- Create a new issue using the following format on the title "Impact form localization (languageCode)"
- To be able to localize the impact form, you need to create a new folder (using your languageCode in the title) in the _include and _pages folder.
- Once you create it, you need copy formcontent.html (from _include folder) into your new folder. You need to copy the impactform.md file (from the _pages folder) as well into your new folder.
- Localize the new file you've just copied.
- Send a PR and it will be evaluated before it goes online in the website.
Hack the site
If you want to hack the site you need to download it and install Jekyll.
$ git clone https://github.com/mozilla/activate.mozilla.community.git
Install the dependencies
$ bundle install
Run the site using the developer config
$ bundle exec jekyll serve --config ./_config-dev.yml
You will be able to access the site at http://127.0.0.1:4000/
Clone this repo, create a issue first and then a pull request to submit changes.